As an M&A lawyer, Ferdinand Mason's substantial transaction experience and technical skill allow him to effectively manage complicated multijurisdictional transactions with an eye towards cultural and jurisdictional differences. Specifically, Ferdinand advises public and private companies and private equity houses on mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and takeover preparedness, sales of distressed companies and asset portfolios, joint ventures, corporate governance, and general corporate counseling. He has represented clients in the energy, finance, pharmaceutical, media, automotive, retail, technology, and manufacturing industries.
Ferdinand also has extensive experience advising companies, boards, and individual directors on a wide range of corporate governance matters and legal and regulatory responsibilities, including disclosure, directors' duties, and contentious public shareholder meetings.
He has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Sunday Telegraph, Daily Telegraph, and The Financial Times on global M&A related developments.
The Financial Times ranked Ferdinand in the top 10 of "Innovative Lawyers in the UK and Europe in 2014" for his cross-border M&A approach.
He has lectured extensively on M&A and corporate governance topics at several notable law schools.
Shedding Light on the Dutch "Stichting": The Origins and Purpose of an Obscure but Potentially Potent Dutch Entity
- October 1, 2015Drivers and Trends in Global M&A 2015: This Year's Exposition On How to Close Deals in a Turbulent Regulatory and Increasingly Protectionist World
- June 3, 2015Global Insights: The Future of M&A
- May 4, 2015JDialog: How to Cross the Atlantic – U.S./German M&A
- March 27, 2014Global Insights: The Future of M&A
- University of Leuven (J.D. in Belgian Law 1995); Vrije University of Amsterdam (J.D. in International Private Dutch Law 1991)
- Netherlands Bar and registered in the U.K. as a European Lawyer
- Cited yearly as among the best corporate/M&A lawyers in the Netherlands in the guides Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, PLC Which lawyer?, and The Legal 500 EMEA