Chiang Ling Li's practice has focused on China IP and pharmaceutical law since 1994. She has been in the forefront of the law, leading successful litigation involving patents, trade secrets, copyright, unfair competition, 3-D marks and well-known marks, as well as successfully pursuing criminal enforcement of IP infringement in China.
Chiang works closely with industry organizations lobbying for legal reforms, including those concerning patent linkage and data exclusivity, and has been appointed an arbitrator by CIETAC, HKIAC, ADNDRC, and the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center.
Chiang is author of China Executive Report: Intellectual Property, the China IP chapters of LexisNexis's Intellectual Property Rights, the "Anticounterfeiting and Enforcement" chapter in China's Participation in the WTO, and the China chapters in PLC Cross-border Life Sciences (2007-2012 editions), Trade Secrets Throughout the World Treatise, Patents Throughout the World, and Designs and Utility Models Throughout the World. She is also author of many articles on China IP and pharmaceutical law and practice.
Chiang was among the "A-List" of the top 100 lawyers for China (China Business Law Journal). She is also a PLC recommended lawyer in all three categories of life sciences: intellectual property, corporate and commercial (China), and corporate and commercial. Chiang also has been recognized by The International Who's Who of Life Sciences Lawyers, World Trademark Review (WTR 1000), Chambers Asia and Chambers Global, The International Who's Who of Life Sciences Lawyers, The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, IAM 1000 — The World's Leading Patent Professionals, WTR 1000 — The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, and IAM Licensing 250: The World's Leading Patent and Technology Licensing Practitioners.
China's New Cybersecurity Law and Draft Data Localization Measures Expected to Burden Multinational Companies
- 2011Designs and Utility Models Throughout the World, China Executive Report: Intellectual Property
- 2011Patents Throughout the World, China Executive Report: Intellectual Property
- 2011PLC Cross-border Life Sciences 2007/08, China Executive Report: Intellectual Property
- 2011Trade Secrets Throughout the World Treatise, China Executive Report: Intellectual Property
- 2011Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret and Patent, Pendleton, Margolis and Lee: Intellectual Property Rights Hong Kong SAR and People's Republic of China
- 2009The Radical Third Amendment, 2009 China IP Focus, Managing Intellectual Property
- 2005Anti-counterfeiting and Enforcement chapter, China's Participation in the WT
- University of London (LL.M. 1998); Queen's University (LL.B. 1992); University of Toronto (B.Sc. in Pharmacy 1989)
- Canada, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong
"An eminent authority on contemporary Chinese legal developments," IAM Patent 1000 (2015)
Recognized as an intellectual property leader in: WTR 1000 (2011-2017), Chambers Asia and Chambers Global (2010-2018), and Asia Pacific Legal 500 (2013-2017)
Named as a "WIPR Leader" by World IP Review (2017)
The International Who's Who of Life Sciences Lawyers (2008-2015)
IAM Licensing 250: The World's Leading Patent and Technology Licensing Practitioners (2012)
- Cantonese, English, Mandarin