Alex Gendzier has a combined 30 years of capital markets experience as both a lawyer and a banker. He represents banks, companies, and investors in a broad range of capital markets transactions and advises boards of directors about corporate governance and SEC and stock exchange requirements. Alex advises on financial strategies and alternatives; IPOs; follow on equity offerings; private placements of equity; convertible and equity-linked and debt, PIPEs, high yield, and investment-grade securities; recapitalizations and out-of-court restructurings; liability management (exchange offers and tender offers; consent solicitations); and registered offerings.
Notable corporate clients include Caliber Collision, SAEx Holdings, Spanish Broadcast Systems, and Taseko Mines. Alex's extensive financial institution representations include Jefferies and Macquarie in private placements of debt and equity securities.
Between 1985 and 1991, Alex worked at Bankers Trust Company and BT Securities Corporation in the senior debt syndications group, leaving as a vice president and team leader.
Alex is a member of the board of directors of The Windward School located in White Plains, New York and serves as co-chair of the Annual Fund Committees of The Dwight School and The Windward School.
Funds managed by Invesco Asset Management Limited participate in $80 million PIPE investment in Evofem Biosciences
Jones Day advised funds managed by Invesco Asset Management Limited in their participation in an $80 million PIPE investment in Evofem Biosciences, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing innovative products to address unmet needs in women's sexual and reproductive health.
Stars Group and FOX Sports launch FOX Bet, the first-of-its kind national media and sports wagering partnership in U.S.
Jones Day advised The Stars Group Inc. (Nasdaq: TSG) (TSX: TSGI) on its transaction with FOX Sports, a unit of Fox Corporation (Nasdaq: FOXA), to launch FOX Bet, the first-of-its kind national media and sports wagering partnership in the United States.
Beneficient Company Group acquires shares in GWG Holdings, Inc.
Jones Day advised The Beneficient Company Group, L.P. (BEN), a provider of liquidity products and services to the owners of alternative assets and illiquid investment funds, in its acquisition of shares in GWG Holdings, Inc. (GWG Holdings), a NASDAQ listed company that is a leading provider of liquidity to owners of life insurance in the secondary market, previously held by GWG Holdings’ founding stockholders, Jon R. Sabes and Steven F. Sabes.
Hard Rock International to acquire JACK Cincinnati Casino and Turfway Park for $780 million
Jones Day is advising Hard Rock International on the acquisition of JACK Cincinnati Casino, located in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, together with VICI Properties, Inc., and Turfway Park, located in Florence, Kentucky, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $780 million in cash.
Goldman Sachs provides credit facility to Credijusto
Jones Day represented Goldman Sachs in connection with a credit facility provided to Credijusto, a Mexican financial technology firm.
University successfully negotiates terms of multimillion dollar stock gift
Jones Day advised a large university regarding a gift of a large block of publicly traded stock by one of its trustees to be used to fund particular projects.
ACI Worldwide completes $400 million offering of Senior Notes
Jones Day advised ACI Worldwide, a leading international provider of electronic payment and banking systems for financial institutions, retailers, and processors, in connection with its issuance of $400 million of 5.75% Senior Notes due 2026 in a Rule 144A and Regulation S offering.
Athyrium Capital Management invests in Village Practice Management Company via notes and warrants
Jones Day advised Athyrium Capital Management, LP in connection with its investment in Village Practice Management Company, LLC, a venture stage healthcare and technology company that partners with primary care providers to facilitate their shift from volume-based to value-based compensation models, of up to $80 million of Senior Secured Notes with warrants in a private placement.
Solus Alternative Asset Management and Deutsche Investment Management Americas complete recapitalization of Geo Specialty Chemicals
Jones Day advised Solus Alternative Asset Management and Deutsche Investment Management Americas in connection with the recapitalization of Geo Specialty Chemicals, a manufacturer of specialty chemicals for customers in the United States and internationally.
Jefferies acts as solicitation agent in connection with Blade Engine Securitization consent solicitation for amendments to indenture
Jones Day advised Jefferies LLC, as solicitation agent, in connection with a consent solicitation by Blade Engine Securitization Ltd., a securitization vehicle created by GE Capital Aviation Services for the operation and sale of aircrafts and aircraft engines.
Jefferies completes $412 million private placement by Latin America Power
Jones Day advised Jefferies LLC, as placement agent, in connection with the $412 million private placement of Senior Secured Notes due 2013, issued by Latin America Power, a developer of renewable energy sources in Chile and Peru.
Taseko Mines Limited completes $250 million Rule 144A and Regulation S offering
Jones Day represented Taseko Mines Limited, a mining company focused on the operation and development of mines in North America, in connection with a Rule 144A and Regulation S offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of 8.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2022.
Jefferies acts as placement agent in $623.2 million private placement of membership interests in Chaparral Shale Oil Company
Jones Day advised Jefferies LLC, as placement agent, in connection with its $623.2 million private placement of membership interests in Chaparral Shale Oil Company, LLC, an oil and gas company that acquires, explores, develops, produces, and operates oil and gas properties.
SAExploration completes restructuring transactions
Jones Day advised SAExploration Holdings, Inc., an internationally-focused oilfield services company offering seismic data acquisition and logistical support services, in the negotiation of a restructuring support agreement with a group of holders of the company's outstanding bonds; an exchange offer and consent solicitation for these bonds based on Section 4(a)(2) and Regulation S of the Securities Act of 1933 (pursuant to which $138 million of unsecured bonds were exchanged for $76 million of new Senior Secured Notes and 6.4 million shares of Common Stock); the issuance of two series of warrants to existing common stockholders the issuance of over 90% of Common Stock to the supporting bondholders; and new governance arrangements (including amendments to the charter and bylaws of the company and board designation rights of the supporting bondholders).
Jefferies acts as placement agent in issuance of $106 million of Class B-Series II units by LongPoint Minerals
Jones Day represented Jefferies LLC, as sole placement agent, in connection with the issuance of approximately $106 million of Class B-Series II units by LongPoint Minerals, LLC, a Denver-based company focused specifically on the acquisition of oil and gas mineral interests.
Jefferies acts as placement agent in issuance of $525 million of common equity units by LongPoint Minerals
Jones Day represented Jefferies LLC, as sole placement agent, in connection with the issuance of approximately $525 million of common equity units by LongPoint Minerals LLC, a Denver-based company focused specifically on the acquisition of oil and gas mineral interests.
Jefferies acts as placement agent in issuance of $815 million of common equity units by FourPoint Holdings
Jones Day represented Jefferies LLC, as sole placement agent, in connection with the issuance of common equity units and related transactions of approximately $815 million by FourPoint Holdings LLC, a private oil & gas exploration and production company.
Swift Energy emerges from bankruptcy
Jones Day represented Swift Energy and eight of its subsidiaries in chapter 11 cases that were commenced on December 31, 2015 due to the significant reduction in oil and gas prices the entire industry was facing at the time.
Jefferies completes $1.2 billion of Notes in Section 4(a)(2) and Regulation S offering by WindMW GmbH
Jones Day advised Jefferies International Ltd. and its affiliate Jefferies LLC, as lead placement agent and sole structuring agent, in connection with the issuance of approximately $1.2 billion of Notes in a Section 4(a)(2) and Regulation S offering by WindMW GmbH, a Blackstone portfolio company.
Huntington Ingalls Industries completes $600 million Senior Notes offering and settlement of tender offer
Jones Day represented Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc., an American shipbuilding company, in connection with its issuance of $600 million of 5% Senior Notes due 2025; its tender offer and consent solicitation for its outstanding $600 million of 7.125% Senior Notes due 2021; and the early redemption of bonds that were not tendered in the tender offer and consent solicitation.
Marblegate: Second Circuit Reverses Broad Interpretation of Trust Indenture Act in Out-of-Court Restructurings
SEC Lifts Long-Time Ban on Advertising by Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Other Private Investment Vehicles
"General Solicitation" Now Permitted in Rule 144A Offerings: Are Foreign Private Issuers Free to Talk?
Securities and Exchange Commission Gives Guidance to Non-U.S. Broker-Dealers Through Rule 15a-6 FAQs
- August 2017SEC's Investigative Report Raises Difficult Questions for ICO Issuers
- February 2017Chesapeake Energy Court Adopts the Narrow View of Section 316(b) of the TIA
- January 2017Marblegate: Second Circuit Reverses Broad Interpretation of Trust Indenture Act in Out-of-Court Restructurings
- December 2015"FAST Act" Highway Bill Signed into Law, Includes Securities Law Changes
- July 2015SEC Proposes Dodd-Frank Act Clawback Rules
- December 2013SEC Lifts Long-Time Ban on Advertising by Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Other Private Investment Vehicles
- October 2013"General Solicitation" Now Permitted in Rule 144A Offerings: Are Foreign Private Issuers Free to Talk?
- May 2013Securities and Exchange Commission Gives Guidance to Non-U.S. Broker-Dealers Through Rule 15a-6 FAQs
- April 2013SEC Endorses Use of Social Media Under Regulation FD
- August 2012The U.S. JOBS Act: Implications for Non-U.S. Companies
- February 2012FSA's Fine of David Einhorn and Greenlight Capital for Insider Trading Violation
- August 2009The Cuban Insider Trading Case
- February 2009Exchange Offer Developments: Delaware Court Declares Debt Exchange Offer in Violation of Bond Indenture
- December 2008Federal Appeals Court Finds No Default Under Indenture Reporting Covenant
- November 2008Deleveraging and Capital-Raising Alternatives in a Turbulent Market
- November 2008House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Hearing on Hedge Funds and the Financial Market
- October 2008SEC Adopts Amendments to Rule 12g3-2(b) and Various Other Foreign Issuer Reporting Requirements; Revises Cross-Border Tender Offer, Exchange Offer and Business Combination Rules in Addition to Beneficial Ownership Reporting Rules for Certain Foreign Institutions
- August 2008SEC Guidance on the Use of Company Web Sites for Disclosure to Investors
- August 2008The CSX Decision Regarding Beneficial Ownership and Group Formation
- July 2008SEC Proposes Revisions to Rule 15a-6 to Improve Regulation of Foreign Broker-Dealers
- May 2008SEC Proposes Revisions to the Cross-Border Tender Offer, Exchange Offer, and Business Combination Rules as Well as Beneficial Ownership Reporting Rules for Certain Foreign Institutions
- April 2008SEC Proposes Amendments to Rule 12g3-2(b) Exemption From Registration Under Section 12(g) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Other Rules and Forms
- January 2008SEC Adopts Amendments to Rule 144 and 145 and Other Reforms
- January 2008SEC Allows Foreign Private Issuers to Use Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance With International Financial Reporting Standards
- October 2007SEC Staff Observations on Executive Compensation Disclosure
- September 2007SEC Considers Allowing Non-U.S. and U.S. Issuers to Use Financial Statements Prepared in Accordance With International Financial Reporting Standards
- July 2007SEC Adopts Section 404 Interpretive Guidance and Rule Amendments; New PCAOB Auditing Standard
- June 2007SEC Proposes Private Offering Reforms and Other Relief for Smaller Companies
- New York University (J.D. 1994; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Annual Survey of American Law); Haverford College (B.A. 1984; Phi Beta Kappa)
- New York