Kerry Fowler represents companies in high-stakes, complex litigation, particularly in matters involving product liability, toxic tort, fraud and unfair business practices, consumer class actions, health care, and claims arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). She represents clients across the United States and has substantial experience defending clients against nationwide coordinated litigation, in both federal MDL proceedings and coordinated state-court actions.
Kerry's trial experience includes defending Yamaha in a three-month product liability trial, which resulted in a unanimous defense verdict and was recognized as a "top defense verdict" of 2011. She also defended Dole in a five-month trial involving Nicaraguan plaintiffs who claimed sterility due to pesticide exposure while working on banana farms in the 1970s.
Kerry regularly supports the Firm's Health Care & Life Sciences Practice and represents health care providers, including Tenet, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and Marina Del Rey Hospital, in managed care litigation. She also defended Banner Health and Sutter Health in separate class actions in which plaintiffs alleged the hospital systems charged unreasonably high rates to the uninsured.
Kerry also represents Experian in class actions and individual consumer cases brought under FCRA and unfair business practices statutes and has obtained several pleading-stage dismissals and summary judgment for clients Experian, L.A. County, and certain California wineries.
Kerry serves on the board of directors for the California Women's Law Center and is a member of the State Bar of California and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. She also is responsible for managing the paralegals in Jones Day's Los Angeles Office.
- January 30, 2020
Aggressive Advocacy or Misconduct? How to Avoid Crossing the Line
- January 31, 2018
Ethics Issues in Negotiating and Implementing Settlements, Jones Day University
- January 25, 2017
Ethics Issues Facing In-House Counsel, Jones Day University
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D. cum laude 2003; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Law Review; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society; First Honors, Trial Advocacy); University of Southern California (B.A. in International Relations 1997)
- California, all U.S. District Courts in California, and U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits
- Intern, Office of U.S. House Representative Joel Hefley, 5th Congressional District of Colorado (Summer 1995)
- Southern California Super Lawyers — "Rising Star" (2013-2015)
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Dickran Tevrizian, U.S. District Court, Central District of California (2002)