Kerry Fowler has 14 years of experience litigating and trying complex civil actions, particularly matters involving product liability, toxic tort, fraud and unfair business practices, health care, consumer class actions, and claims arising under the FCRA. She represents clients in state and federal courts and has substantial experience defending clients against nationwide coordinated litigation, in both federal MDL proceedings and coordinated state court actions.
Kerry's trial experience includes defending Yamaha Motor Co. in a three-month product liability trial, which resulted in a unanimous defense verdict. She also defended Dole Food Company in a five-month trial involving 12 Nicaraguan plaintiffs who claimed sterility due to pesticide exposure while working on banana farms in the 1970s.
Kerry also regularly supports the Firm's Health Care & Life Sciences Practices and has represented various health care providers, including Tenet, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and Marina Del Rey Hospital, in managed care litigation. She also defended Banner Health and Sutter Health in separate class actions in which plaintiffs alleged the hospital systems charged unreasonably high rates to the uninsured.
Recently, Kerry has defended Experian Information Solutions in class actions and individual consumer cases brought under the FCRA and unfair business practices statutes and has obtained several pleading-stage dismissals and summary judgment for firm clients Experian, L.A. County, and certain California wineries.
Kerry is a member of the State Bar of California and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. She is also the partner in charge of paralegals for the Los Angeles office.
- January 25, 2017Ethics Issues Facing In-House Counsel, Jones Day University
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D. cum laude 2003; Order of the Coif; Editor-in-Chief, Law Review; St. Thomas More Law Honor Society; First Honors, Trial Advocacy); University of Southern California (B.A. in International Relations 1997)
- California and all U.S. District Courts in California
- Intern, Office of U.S. House Representative Joel Hefley, 5th Congressional District of Colorado (Summer 1995)
- Southern California Super Lawyers — "Rising Star" (2013-2015)
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Dickran Tevrizian, U.S. District Court, Central District of California (2002)