Steve Domanowski's practice sits at the intersection of corporate finance and restructuring. He represents a diverse array of parties in distressed debt and distressed investment transactions, out-of-court restructurings and workouts, debt exchanges, debtor-in-possession financings, exit financings, and other corporate finance, bankruptcy, and insolvency matters.
He has recently represented the secured lenders and debtor-in-possession (DIP) lenders to retailer rue21 ($150 million first-day roll-up DIP facility), food wholesaler and distributor Associated Wholesalers ($193 million roll-up DIP facility and related 363 sale), vegetable processor Allens ($119 million first-day roll-up DIP facility and related 363 sale), and the term loan lenders of J.Crew.
Steve also has recently represented American Apparel in its chapter 11 cases, which in January 2015 confirmed its contested reorganization plan in just over 100 days; Shoreline Energy in its chapter 11 cases and related DIP financing, chapter 11 plan, and related asset sales; Swift Energy in its chapter 11 cases and related DIP financing, chapter 11 plan, and exit financing; and Boscov's Department Stores in its chapter 11 cases.
Steve also has advised strategic investors, private equity funds, hedge funds, and other similar investment vehicles in a variety of circumstances, including debt investments in distressed companies and distressed asset sales.
Steve is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Turnaround Management Association, and the Association for Corporate Growth. In addition, he has published numerous articles and participated in numerous seminars and presentations on corporate finance and restructuring related matters.
- 2007The Purchase and Sale of Assets in Bankruptcy, 29th Annual Current Developments in Bankruptcy & Reorganization, PLI 2007
- 2006Defining and Attaining the Buyer's Objectives, Business Bankruptcy Acquisitions
- Winter 2004Payment of Post-Petition Interest to Unsecured Creditors: Federal Judgment Rate Versus Contract Rate, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- 2003The Purchase and Sale of Assets in Bankruptcy, 25th Annual Current Developments in Bankruptcy & Reorgnaization, PLI
- 2001E-SIGN: Paperless Transactions in the New Millennium, 51 DePaul L.Rev. 619
- DePaul University (J.D. cum laude 2002; Law Review; American Bankruptcy Institute's Medal of Excellence); State University of New York at Buffalo (B.A. in Political Science magna cum laude 1999)