Patrick Beisell represents and counsels clients in complex litigation and regulatory compliance matters in federal and state courts. His practice focuses on contract disputes, business torts, issues of federal constitutional law, and compliance issues with municipal, state, and federal laws such as the TCPA, the FCRA, and the FCA. Patrick has diverse litigation experience including e-discovery and document management, briefing and motions practice, offensive and defensive discovery, framing legal issues, and the evaluation, development, and preparation of fact and expert witnesses.
Patrick maintains an active pro bono practice predominantly assisting prisoners seeking to vindicate their constitutional rights and public school students with disabilities seeking access to their Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
Prior to attending law school, Patrick worked as a 6th grade English teacher in Kansas City, Missouri. He also started a nonprofit educational organization and worked in a county jail in Portland, Oregon. Patrick is a member of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's Overture Council. He is an Eagle Scout and spends his spare time volunteering for The Boy Scouts of America and the Chicago nonprofit Working In The Schools (WITS).
Fortune 40 company defends against FCA claims by former contractor
Jones Day represented a Fortune 40 company in defense of federal and state False Claims Act claims asserted by a former contractor in connection with a public works technology contract funded by Department of Homeland Security.
Experian wins summary judgment and dismissal with prejudice of all allegations that it inaccurately reported consumer bankruptcy
Jones Day client Experian Information Solutions obtained through summary judgment dismissal with prejudice of all claims brought against it by a consumer alleging that Experian was not accurately reporting the facts of her Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- August 2016The Voluntary Payment Doctrine Defense Is Alive and Well in Illinois
- May 2016Crutchfield v. Testa—Can States Tax Online Interstate Retailers Based on Their Virtual Presence?
- University of Illinois (J.D. summa cum laude 2015; Articles Editor, Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy; Best Note Award Recipient); University of Missouri–St. Louis (M.Ed. 2011); Portland State University (B.A. cum laude 2009)
- Illinois; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois and Eastern District of Michigan
- Extern to Judge David G. Bernthal, U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois (Fall 2013)