Women in IP Speaker Series: TMA, Take 2: Making the Most of the Upcoming Changes to the U.S. Trademark Laws
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
On December 27, 2021 the second phase of the Trademark Modernization Act takes effect and includes:
- Additional nonuse cancellation procedures including ex parte expungement and reexamination proceedings
- Clarification to the letters of protest procedures
- Changes to the rules governing the suspension of USPTO proceedings
These changes provide new tools for brand owners to protect and enforce their marks. At the same time, the new rules also expose existing trademark applications and registrations to new types of challenges. Please join our panel for a timely look at these upcoming changes, the effects, and what to expect from the USPTO's rulemaking to implement these changes.
Please join our panel of lawyers from the Firm's Intellectual Property Practice for a timely look at the upcoming changes, their effects, and what to expect from the USPTO's rulemaking to implement these changes.
- Anna E. Raimer, Partner, Houston
- Ilene B. Tannen, Of Counsel, New York
- Clarissa L. Toth, Associate, Pittsburgh
- Meredith M. Wilkes, Partner, Cleveland
This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of areas of professional practice credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board and 1.00 hour of general credit by the State Bar of California. Jones Day is an accredited provider in New York, as well as a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Application for CLE credit in other states will be made as needed, subject to state CLE regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Johngrass at email@example.com.