Fifth Annual Latin America Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity Symposium
September 21, 2021
8:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. CDT
September 22, 2021
8:00 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. CDT
September 23, 2021
11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. CDT
Jones Day is pleased to invite you to the Fifth Annual Latin America Data Protection, Privacy & Cybersecurity Symposium.
Our signature three-day event returns in September 2021 for its fifth edition, including a lineup of insightful panels, workshops, and conferences to discuss developments in Latin America's data protection and privacy sector. Hosted from our office in Mexico City, the entire symposium will be available to you virtually.
Tune in to hear updates and insights about new legal trends in the industry from top thought leaders and key practitioners from Jones Day's Cybersecurity, Privacy & Data Protection Practice from Mexico, Latin America, and around the world.
As data and privacy become increasingly relevant in today's society, this event is a must-attend for all government officials, senior executives, advisors, and business leaders from the United States, Europe, and Latin America.
Some of our conversation topics will include:
- Beyond Data Breaches: Increasing Risk of Liability for Cybersecurity Misrepresentation in Latin America.
- AI Initiatives vs. Regulatory Challenges
- Mitigating Ransomware Attacks
- Core Banking in the Cloud World
- The GDPR vs. Brazil's General Data Protection Law
- Challenges in Digital Platforms and Applications
- Developing a Common Level of Cybersecurity for Latin America: Lessons from Europe
- Latin America's Regulatory Update on Personal Data
- Financial Technology Institutions (Fintechs): Update
- Electronic Payment Systems: Novelties in Latin America
- What Global Investors Look For in Fintech Synergies and How Fintechs Must Approach Global Investors
- The Future of Crypto Assets in Latin America: El Salvador’s Use of Bitcoin, Plus Other Initiatives in the Region
- The Unicorn Road: Challenges Ahead
Please review our preliminary agenda, which will be updated as additional panelists are confirmed. To attend, please complete our RSVP form.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Patricia Blanco at: email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you for the fifth edition of this event!