Jones Day’s Women in IP Speaker Series: Leader of the B(r)and: Adapting Your Communication and Leadership Styles to Maximize Your Influence in the Practice of Law
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Effective communication and the power of persuasion are perhaps the most important tools in the lawyer's toolbox. In everyday legal practice, whether in the courtroom or the boardroom, among team members, in executive leadership, or before the most skeptical audience, clear and persuasive communication is the cornerstone of effective legal advocacy and counseling. But for lawyers and leaders, crafting the message so that the one delivered is the one heard is not always an easy thing to do.
Please join the panel of Jones Day's Women in IP Speaker Series as we discuss ways to improve these communication and persuasion skills and increase our overall effectiveness in the practice of law. The program will include tips and best practices for maximizing our performance as lawyers by:
- Communicating effectively in the virtual legal environment;
- Developing a compelling narrative for powerful persuasion;
- Honing the skill of "reading the room," then tailoring the message accordingly; and
- Adapting legal communication styles to overcome implicit bias.
We look forward to your participation in this informative discussion.
- Angela Haughey, Senior Legal IP Counsel – Patent, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Jaci Lee, General Counsel, Flynn Restaurant Group LP
- Suzanne Peterson, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona State University
- Meredith Wilkes, Partner, Jones Day
CLE CREDIT AND REGISTRATION
Registration for this event is required. Click here to register.
Application is pending approval by the Ohio Supreme Court Commission on CLE for 1.00 hour of general live interactive webinar CLE credit. This program has also been approved for 1.00 hour of general credit by the State Bar of California and 1.00 hour of general credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board. Jones Day is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider, as well as an accredited provider in New York. Application for CLE credit in other states will be made as needed, subject to state CLE regulations.
For more information, please contact Colleen Johngrass at firstname.lastname@example.org.