Sweeping EU Proposal to Regulate AI: A New Global Standard?
16:00 - 17:30 (CET)
The lawyers of Jones Day invite you to a roundtable discussion with European Commission and corporate and public policy representatives that will explore the global implications of the recent EU proposal to regulate artificial intelligence (AI).
The discussion will include the following:
- Why Europe is regulating AI;
- Key principles enshrined in the draft AI regulation;
- Why industry and service sectors worldwide will be impacted;
- Public and private sector views; and
- Whether the EU will set a global standard for regulating AI.
Register now. Kindly register by 31 May.
We hope you will be able to join us for this informative presentation. Login details will be sent prior to the event, but if you have any questions, kindly contact Jones Day's events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bjoern Juretzki - Assistant to the Director General, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology, European Commission
- JeanMarc Leclerc - Head of EU Government and Regulatory Affairs, IBM
- Nathalie Smuha - Researcher, KU Leuven Faculty of Law; Expert in the Council of Europe's Ad Hoc Committee on AI
- Marta Delgado Echevarría: partner, Madrid Office
- Laurent De Muyter: partner, Brussels Office
- Olivier Haas: partner, Paris Office
- Dr. Jörg Hladjk: partner, Brussels Office
- Andreas Holzwarth-Rochford: partner, Frankfurt Office
- Dr. Undine von Diemar: partner, Munich Office