Things Are Not Always What They Seem: Understanding Directors' Duties in Europe
The duties and standards of conduct required of directors in different European jurisdictions can be onerous and often conflicting. Conduct that might seem acceptable or innocuous in one jurisdiction might expose directors to criminal or other sanctions in another. As a result, multinational businesses wishing to adopt a unified set of governance and compliance standards across their global subsidiaries may find it difficult to do so.
This webinar featured a discussion of the risks and issues encountered by directors within multinational groups today and how directors can mitigate these risks. The panel included a number of Jones Day's European legal professionals, along with our guest speaker, Sébastien Thierry, the General Secretary and Secretary of the Board of Directors at Rexel S.A., a world leader in the distribution of electrical products and solutions for the industrial, residential and tertiary market and a constituent of France's SBF 80 largest listed companies.
- Sebastien Thierry, General Secretary and Secretary of the Board of Directors, Rexel S.A.
- Vica Irani, Partner, Jones Day, London
- Kay Morley, Partner, Jones Day, London
- Greg Barden, Partner, Jones Day, London
- Ozan Akyurek, Partner, Jones Day, Paris
- Gerjanne te Winkel, Partner, Jones Day, Amsterdam
- Johannes Perlitt, Of Counsel, Jones Day, Frankfurt
View the recording of this webinar below:
If you have any queries, please contact JDEuropeevent@jonesday.com.