Jones Day's 2020 Speaker Series - Beyond the 2020 Proxy Season: Activism, Disclosure, and Governance Considerations and Trends for 2021
12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
Jones Day, the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), and the NASPP (National Association of Stock Plan Professionals) invite you to a webinar exploring the effect that the continued rise in shareholder activism has had on a range of corporate governance, securities, and executive compensation matters during the 2020 proxy season – including the significant impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and interested parties' priorities and expectations in the 2021 season.
The speakers will review the following developments, particularly with respect to stockholder proxy advisors:
- The related regulatory and disclosure implications;
- The role of stockholder activism in challenging corporate control, particularly in light of the growing prominence of ESG concerns; and
- The effects that continue to reshape public companies' compliance and corporate governance programs and public disclosures.
We hope you will be able to join us for this timely program.
- Amy Pandit - Partner, Financial Markets, Jones Day
- Dave Grubman - Partner, M&A, Jones Day
- Courteney Keatinge - Senior Director of Environmental, Social and Governance Research - Glass Lewis
- Glenn Booream - Senior Advisor, Investment Stewardship - Vanguard
This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of general distance learning credit by the Pennsylvania CLE Board. This program has also been approved for 1.25 hours of general credit by the State Bar of California and 1.50 hours of areas of professional practice credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board. Jones Day is a Pennsylvania CLE Board distance learning accredited provider, a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider, and an accredited provider in New York. Application for CLE credit in other states will be made as needed.