Securities Litigation 2020: From Investigation to Trial
Geoffrey Ritts, a partner in Jones Day's Securities Litigation & SEC Enforcement Practice, will be a speaker at the Practising Law Institute's "Securities Litigation 2020: From Investigation to Trial" webinar on July 28.
The landscape of securities litigation is constantly evolving and changing. This program takes you through all the issues that can arise in the most complex securities matters — from the initial government investigation to the filing of the civil cases to either settlement or trial. If you practice in this dynamic field, you know that the need to stay current and develop new strategies and tactics has never been more important. Leading practitioners, government officials, and judges will update you on the latest best practices and case law. This program is designed for securities practitioners, outside and in-house counsel, compliance officers, regulators, investment bankers and securities dealers.
The program will cover the following topics:
- How to approach the initial investigation and work with state and federal regulators in the interests of your clients
- How to assess the civil complaints and coordinate multi-district actions
- How to litigate the case through the pleadings, discovery, class certification and summary judgment
- How to approach mediation and settlement of a securities action
- How to try a securities litigation or arbitration
- How to approach and assess ethical issues associated with complex securities litigation
For more information on this webinar, including registration and CLE details, please visit the PLI website.