Successful Stories of Balanced Leadership: Transforming Challenges into Opportunities in the Workplace
Jones Day's Madrid Office
Paseo de Recoletos 37-41
Jones Day's Madrid Office hosted a panel discussion with friends and clients who are committed to improving diversity. The debate centered around the measures and policies adopted by their organizations to create environments conducive to the integration, retention, and promotion of diverse lawyers.
Yvette McGee Brown – Partner-in-Charge for Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement, Jones Day's Columbus and Cleveland offices
- Lola Conde – Santander Legal Group Vice President, Banco Santander
- Joaquín Valcárcel – Head of M&A and Litigation, Enel
- Beatriz Martínez-Falero – Head of Legal, Grupo Mahou – San Miguel
- Paloma Valor – Chief Trust & Compliance Officer, VP & Assistant General Counsel, IBM
- Enrique Hernández – Head of Legal and Chief Compliance Officer, Repsol
Marta Delgado – Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement partner, Jones Day's Madrid Office
- Accepting diversity and equality comes hand in hand with solid values and integrity. Promoting diverse lawyers is to understand and encourage difference.
- Buy-in at the top of the organization is fundamental and needs to form part of a company's DNA. It is not enough to develop strategies if the results are not bearing fruits and creating equal opportunities.
- Mentoring and succession planning needs to thrive and be promoted in order to help the implementation of strong programs which champion diversity.