Ethical Considerations for New Technologies: The Impact of AI and Technology on Human Operators
300 New Jersey Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Please join us for an evening discussing the ACM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of July 2018, along with the regulatory, legal, and social impact of technologies such as machine learning, AI, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, open-source software, and social media.
The event will include two panel discussions.
Panel I: Increasing Use and Development of Emerging Technologies: Can Ethical Guidelines Keep Up?
- Moderator - Stephen J. Obie, Partner, Jones Day
- Kevin K. Batteh, Esq., Partner, Delta Strategy Group
- Dr. Byron Gaskin, Emerging Leaders in Data Science Fellow, NIH, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Dr. Michael S. Kirkpatrick, Associate Professor of Computer Science, James Madison University Education Coordinator, ACM Committee on Professional Ethics (COPE)
- Christopher Nguyen, Senior Software Engineer, The Washington Post
- Priyanka Oberoi, Data Scientist, Deep Learning Analytics
Panel II: Ethical AI in Autonomous Vehicles and Other Automated Products
- Moderator - Robert W. Kantner, Partner, Jones Day
- Emmanuel Apau, Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Upside Business Travel
- Khuloud Odeh, Vice President, Office of Technology and Data Science, Chief Information Officer, Urban Institute
- Jason M. Stanek, Esq., Chairman, Maryland Public Service Commission
Attendance is free, but registration is required. Space is limited. To RSVP, please fill out the registration form here.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has been approved for 2.00 hours of general credit by the State Bar of California and 2.00 hours of areas of professional practice credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board. Jones Day is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider, as well as an accredited provider in New York. Application for CLE credit in other states, including Virginia, will be made as needed.