The New French/Irish Law Governed ISDA Master Agreements
Jones Day Paris
2 rue Saint-Florentin
On November 21, 2018, Jones Day’s Paris Office hosted the ISDA Symposium® “The New French/Irish Law Governed ISDA Master Agreements: A spotlight on ISDA’s new French law and Irish law governed Master Agreements and the French legislative landscape.”
Held in the Firm's Paris Office on November 21, 2018, the seminar featured the following speakers:
- Eric Litvack, Chairman of the ISDA Board and Managing Director and Head of Regulatory Strategy for Société Générale Global Banking and Investor Solutions, who provided the welcoming remarks.
- Justice Guy Canivet, Chairman of the Legal High Committee for Financial Markets, Honorary President of the Cour de Cassation, and Former Member of the Constitutional Council, who discussed “The European Judicial Cooperation System and International Instruments on Mutual Recognition of Judgments.”
- Alban Caillemer du Ferrage, Partner, Jones Day, whose presentation, "French Law ISDA Master Agreement," provided an overview of the new Master Agreement and collateral and clearing issues.
- Judith Lawless, Partner, McCann Fitzgerald, whose presentation, "Irish Law ISDA Master Agreement," likewise provided an overview of the new Master Agreement and collateral and clearing issues.
- Annabel Akintomide, Lawyer, ISDA, who discussed “ISDA Opinions and New Master Agreements.”
- Peter Werner, Senior Counsel, ISDA, who moderated the question-and-answer session.