Women in IP Speaker Series: Developing and Commercializing New Medicines: Do Patents Still Matter?
Jones Day San Francisco
555 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. PST
Please join us for a discussion on the role of patents in the discovery, development, and commercialization of life-saving and life-transforming medicines. Our panel includes executive leaders from the legal departments of three of the most exciting Bay Area biotechnology companies developing breakthrough medicines for un-met medical needs and the innovative technologies that enable their development. In the context of commercializing new medicines and their enabling technologies, our panelists will provide a real-world update on patent opportunities and challenges, including updates on USPTO leadership and practice, PTAB proceedings, and Federal Circuit/Supreme Court case law.
- Barbara McClung, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Caribou Biosciences, Inc.
- Danielle Pasqualone, Executive Director, Intellectual Property Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
- Stephanie Yonker, Vice President, Legal Alector LLC
- A. Patricia Campbell, partner, Jones Day Silicon Valley
- Janet M. McNicholas, of counsel, Jones Day Silicon Valley
This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of general credit by the State Bar of California and 1.00 hour of professional practice credit (including transitional credit) by the New York State CLE Board. Jones Day is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider, as well as an accredited provider in New York. Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Credit is not available for online participants. Application for CLE credit in other states will be made as needed.