1. What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by your web browser when you visit a website. Almost every website uses cookie technology. Cookies may store certain information such as your IP address, information about the content you view, information about the content you provide so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our website, and your preferences and settings. Cookies also help us provide you with customized content, speed navigation through our website, and allow us to learn about your visit and your use of online services.
We use five types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, targeting cookies for marketing purposes, and social media cookies. For more information on these types of cookies, including the type, duration and description of the cookie, please visit our Privacy Preference Center.
2. Your Choices: How to Manage and Disable Cookies
3. How to Contact Us
4. Information about the Processing of Personal Data in connection with Cookies
a) Legal Basis
b) Use of Google Analytics
We use the function 'anonymizeIP' (so-called IP-Masking) when using Google Analytics. This means your IP address will be truncated as soon as data is received by Google Analytics, before any storage or processing takes place. Only in exceptional cases will the whole IP address first be transferred to a server in the United States and truncated there.
During your website visit, the following data will be collected:
- the pages you call up, your "click behavior"
- achievement of "website goals" (conversions, e.g., newsletter registrations, downloads)
- your user behavior (e.g., clicks, time spent, bounce rates)
- your approximate location (region)
- your IP address (in abbreviated form)
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g., language settings, screen resolution)
- your internet provider
- the referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your (pseudonymous) use of our website and to compile reports on the activities.
More information about the contractual arrangements for the processing of personal data with Google can be found at: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/processorterms/ and https://privacy.google.com/businesses/controllerterms/. Access by US authorities to the data stored by Google cannot be ruled out.
For more information about the implemented safeguards with Google for international data transfers, please visit https://privacy.google.com/businesses/processorterms/.
The data sent by us to Google Analytics and associated with these cookies is deleted after 14 months.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by
- not providing your consent to the setting of the cookie at our Privacy Preference Center or
- for website-based use, downloading and installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics [HERE].
You can also prevent the storage of cookies when using our website by configuring your browser software accordingly. However, if you configure your browser to reject all cookies, this may limit functionality on this and other websites.